Sunday, December 12, 2010

Learning to Live

It's been awhile. Things have been absolutely crazy lately with the end of the semester and finals, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am loving everything about my life, the people in it and the places that I am going. It is a sense of calm and ease that I am not used to. Ask anyone who knows me, the words calm and at ease are not normally used to describe me. This year has been a journey that I can now finally appreciate.

So many changes have come this year that I wasn't ready for, or atleast I didn't think I was, until now. It's funny how I can spend so much time planning for the future, only to have things turned completely upside down. However, for some odd reason my neurotic self isn't freaking out. Well not anymore. I've taken a calmer approach to my life that has led to a feeling of peace and understanding that I can't control everything that goes on in my life.

My family has been a great source of strength for this past year as I struggle to find who I am, what I want to do, and who should be involved in that journey. They have stood by me when everyone else left. It has been through tears, laughter and some good wine that I have come to realize and appreciate who I am, imperfections and all. I am blessed to have a family that no matter how far I may stray, stands by me and the decisions (or mistakes) I make.

Just thought I'd get these thoughts out there before the crazy week of finals sets in and I forget (momentarily of course) how blessed I am to live the life that I live with the people I love. The journey isn't over, but I've finally reached a place where I can take a breath and appreciate all that God has given me.

Peace & Love,

Kate